1. To start topics of your own or post replies to existing topics you need to Register
  2. Check out the User Guide in the 'Forum Features' section if you need help using this forum

Good or Bad ?

Discussion in 'Q & A' started by Joe's Reef, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Joe's Reef

Joe's Reef Contributor

I bought a couple of Peppermints to get rid of AIPs,they cleared them all within a few days, but the haven't touched this.
    Is it a goodie or a baddie. It's about the size of a 10p piece, I have another one but its tiny. image.jpg
  2. trevor

trevor Forum junkie

Looks like a majano from me phone ...then bad ...
  3. Joe's Reef

Joe's Reef Contributor

Trev, what's the cure,
  4. reefrocker

reefrocker Getting serious

stab it in the face with boiling water in syringe with needle
  5. trevor

trevor Forum junkie

Same as what reefrocker said .....wen i had the odd one on a coral purchase ....iv been lucky enough to scrape it of n a quick woosh around in old water n thats worked for me
  6. mr tap water

mr tap water Contributor

I agree with above its a Majano Could try injecting it with lemon juice also there was a product on the market that claims to get rid of these Guys
  7. Joe's Reef

Joe's Reef Contributor

Ok thanks guys
  8. JP-79er

JP-79er Moderator Staff Member

Joes juice, Aptasia X, Kalwrasser, majano wand, lemon juice, syringe and boiling water, RO dip........or my personal favourite the death ray....

9. NicholasD

NicholasD Contributor

My dad got his liverock his weekend and rang me to say he has little trumpet flower looking things on one of the pieces. He was very proud of himself, but I think it may be AIP. Is it best to get a peppermint shrimp or use the juice method? Its a new setup so nothing else in thee at moment.
  10. Phill

Phill Forum junkie

I prefer using peps, they get the little ones you miss.
    Joe's Reef likes this.
  11. Joe's Reef

Joe's Reef Contributor

Had quite a few peppermint cleared them in a couple of days and gave me something to watch
  12. Saltcreep

Saltcreep Forum junkie

I've tried most remedies, Ape X, Joe's, Lemon Juice etc but they still gro back , I've bought peps' but some won't touch them especially if they quite big. The only thing that gets rid of them is an injection of liquid calcium right in the eye.lol